Fairview Cancellation & Return Policy
We want to work with our customers on returns and we will do our best to help. However, approximately 90% of our sales are for specially made to order materials and are typically one of a kind, products that we order just for you. They cannot be returned or cancelled after the order is placed. Please know what you are buying before you place your order.
Special Order Merchandise
No Cancellations – No Returns –No Refunds—No Exceptions (Unless in the rare event, Fairview’s vendor will accept a return, customer will be subject to full vendor imposed restocking fees and Fairview’s handling costs) Customer must comply with vendor return requirements including return of merchandise in good condition to the vendor and allow up to 45 Days for vendor to provide credit for the return. Fairview will not make any refund payments unless Fairview has received credit from its vendor.
Orders may be cancelled for full refund prior to pick up/delivery.
Return of Stock Merchandise:
Returns are subject to the following terms and conditions:
Must be returned within 30 days of receipt (no Exceptions) in original condition.
- Merchandise must be in original and saleable condition.
- No alterations or cuts on trim or moldings and other lineal materials, all other products must be in original cartons.
- Damaged packaging or boxes may result in refusal or reduction of refund.
- Re-Stocking Fee’s will apply.
Credit Card refunds may be made but only to a Maximum of $300. All other Refunds will be made by Check through Fairview’s Corporate office. For the safety of its employees’ Fairview limits the amount of on location cash and Fairview does not make any Cash Refunds.
Following Fairview Millwork’s approval of any cancellation of an order or approved return of merchandise:
- Any credit card purchase made of $300 or under may be refunded back onto the customer’s credit card.
- Otherwise, all other orders including credit card payments over $300 or those paid by check or cash or other methods will be refunded by check from Fairview’s corporate office within 14 days.
- All Refunds are subject to restocking fees imposed by Fairview’s vendors and Fairview’s handling costs including any pick up or redelivery costs.
- Refunds on special orders will not be made until Fairview receives the credit back from our vendor.
Fairview Order, Payment and Purchasing Policy
- Payment in full must be received at time of receiving products or prior to delivery.
- Products will not be delivered or provided without payment being made or having a trade account.
- Special order materials require a 100% down payment.
- If a customer is a professional tradesperson or construction related business with an established relationship with Fairview Millwork, then all special orders require a minimum a 50% down payment on special order materials.
- Down payments are not required with an established trade account or with a Blue Tarp Account, however 50% of the value of any order is expected to be charged to the account 30 days after materials arrive and 100%, 60 days after materials arrive.
- Partial delivery/receipt of special-order materials may require additional payment to maintain deposit levels on outstanding materials.
- All balances are due in full within 90 days of placing your order. Failure to pick up or arrange delivery of special-order material will result in the balance being charged to any valid payment methods.
- Customers with approved Fairview AR accounts, Blue Tarp accounts or Synchrony accounts must have sufficient available credit to cover purchases at time of each order.
- Failure to make timely, good payment on deposits or orders may result in a customer’s order for special order product being cancelled. Any delay or additional costs of any type incurred by customers due to a cancellation from failure to make timely payment and resulting change of costs or time schedule is entirely the responsibility of the customer.
Damaged or Short Product
Shortages and shipping damage must be reported within 24 hours of receipt of goods. You must keep all shipping boxes, invoices and packing: without them claims may be denied.
Fairview Millwork gives no product warranties. All product warranties, if any are to be provided by the manufacturer or vendor of any goods. Any claims for defects or failures in product must be made to the product manufacturer or vendor.
Fairview Millwork will take reasonable efforts to assist customers in making claims for any manufacturer’s warranty issues including providing available contact information, product or purchase information.
* This Policy is effective for all purchases as of January 1, 2021. These policies are subject to change at the discretion of Fairview Millwork.